About Birmingham City University
With around 24,000 students from 80 countries, Birmingham City University (BCU) is a large, diverse and increasingly popular place to study. A degree from BCU is a passport to a successful future.
Teaching excellence especially in creative and professional practice-and ground breaking industry collaborations are renowned, with almost 40 professional accreditations for the courses at the last count. Strong industry and professional partnerships with firms including Apple, Cartier, Cisco and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe ensure that students will leave with the skills and knowledge employers value most.
- From the £180 million investment in its facilities to their great links with leading employers, Birmingham City University provides the students with skills they need to succeed.
- The city is also a nationwide example of multiculturalism and a vibrant place to study.
- The University was ranked 7th in the UK for employability (Destination of Leavers from HE survey 2016/17).
- Birmingham is the most popular destination for people moving out of London, with 6,000 individuals making the switch in 2016 (BBC) as well as being the youngest major city in Europe, with under-20s accounting for 29% of its population (West Midlands Growth Company).
- Andrew Thomas Higginson – Chairman of Wm Morrison PLC, Non-Executive Director of Woolworths in South Africa, Chairman of N Brown Group and Chairman of ITC Luxury Travel Group
- Smitthi Bhiraleus – Founder, CEO and Managing Director of VERY TV and MTV Thailand