About Cardiff University
Founded by the Royal Charter in 1883, Cardiff University is a dynamic and successful centre of higher education with an international reputation for high quality teaching and research. Government assessments of both teaching and research quality rate Cardiff very highly and students have access to state-of-the-art computer systems and over 1.5 million books in the University’s impressive libraries and resource centres.
Cardiff University is a mere 5-minute walk from the Cardiff City Centre which is home to many national attractions including the National Museum of Wales and the much admired Millennium Stadium.
Cardiff is the acknowledged leader of higher education in Wales with its School of Law ranked the 7th best law school in the UK. The university is principality’s only member of the elite Russell Group of research-led universities and has two Nobel Laureates on its staff. The university if a mere 5-minute walk from the Cardiff City Centre which is home to many national attractions including the National Museum of Wales and the much admired Millennium Stadium.
- Cardiff University is an ambitious and innovative university with a bold and strategic vision located in a beautiful and thriving capital city.
- A member of the elite Russell Group of Universities
- Most of the University’s student residential accommodation is within easy walking distance of lecture theatres, libraries and the student union, saving students time and money.
- Cardiff University is ranked 32nd in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
- The University ranked 58th in the Guardian University Guide for 2019, scoring well in the areas of student satisfaction with their course and teaching.
- Cardiff University has retained its place amongst the top 150 of the world’s best 1,000 universities. Ranked 145th, it remains Wales’s highest ranked University and 23rd amongst the 76 UK universities ranked.
- Doug and Dame Mary Perkins, DBE – Founders of Specsavers, UK.
- Spencer Dale – Chief Economist, Bank of England.
Lim Shu Wei