University of Hertfordshire
*via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
LLB (Hons) Hertfordshire University*
In 1951, the de Havilland company gave land in Hatfield adjoining the A1 to Hertfordshire County Council for educational use in perpetuity. In 1952 the Council used this land to build and operate Hatfield Technical College, which trained aerospace engineers for Hatfield's then dominant aerospace industry. The college rapidly became a centre of excellence in mechanical and aeronautical engineering and the natural sciences. In 1992, the institution received University status.
- University of Hertfordshire is one of the largest and most innovative Law Schools in the UK.
- The Hertfordshire Business School takes cutting-edge business theory out of the lecture theate and into real-life work experience to give its students a head start in the competitive national and international job markets.
- The University is 25 minutes from central London. Located north of the capital in the county of Hertfordshire.
- The resource centres are opened 24/7 and it provides a versatile online learning environment through StudyNet.
- One of the top 15 law schools in the UK (National Student Survey 2008).
- The new £10,000,000 Law Court Building which includes a Court Room, Mediation Centre and Law Clinic was opened in September 2011.
- Law Clinic was lauched in 2005 and is considered as UK’s first truly regional pro bono university advice centre for the general public.
- UK Mooting Champions 2008 and UK Mooting finalist 2009.
- The £16,000,000 Hertfordshire Sports Village offers some of the best university sports facilities in the UK, used by major sports teams such as Arsenal and Saracens.
- One of the 1st UK law schools to offer an LLM (Master’s in Law) degree in e-commerce law.
- The University of Hertfordshire is one of the top 100 universties in the world under 50 years old according to the Times Higher Education 100 under 50 rankings 2013.
- The university ranked 52/100 in the Times Higher Education list of the 100 most international universities in the world published in January 2014.
- 93.2% of the university's students are in employment or further study after graduation.