University of Central Lancashire
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
BA (Hons) International Business
BA (Hons) Business and Management
BA (Hons) Public Relations and Marketing
Based in Preston, Lancashire, UCLan began as The Institution for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge which was founded in 1828 by Joseph Livesey’s Temperance Society. Subsequently, the institution was known as Harris Art College, then Preston Polytechnic and later, Lancashire Polytechnic. In 1992, it was granted University status by the Privy Council and last year celebrated its 20 year anniversary.
- UCLan offers a huge choice of courses, with more than 500 undergraduate and 250 postgraduate, within 16 academic Schools.
- UCLan’s Lancashire Business School is renowned for strong industry links and its research has been rated as ‘world leading and of international excellence’ in the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008).
- UCLan has invested £120 million on new buildings and facilities to enhance teaching, learning and leisure activities. JB Firth Building is the £12.5 million facility for forensic science, the £15 million Media Factory provides creative students with a realistic exposure to the media world and the library is a contemporary and flexible study space with a wealth of excellent learning resources and extensive collections.
- Situated in the heart of North West England, Preston is ideally placed for national and international travel, just 40 minutes from Manchester, 2 hours 15 minutes from London by train and located on the doorstep of the stunning Lake District.
- The results of the latest National Student Survey ranked UCLan 5th out of 92 in the UK for Business Studies and 8th out of 71 for Management Studies.
- The UCLan library has been placed in top ten of UK universities for its 24/7 opening hours and facilities, in the Times Higher Education (THE) annual Student Experience Survey 2013.
- UCLan achieved 5th place in the UK for good personal relationships with teaching staff by the Times Higher Education (THE) annual Student Experience Survey 2013.
- Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre (STFSC) is UCLan’s new, multi-million pound, state-of-the-art, indoor facility on the main University Campus. The £12 million Olympic standard UCLan Sports Arena is off-campus and provides facilities for athletics, rugby league, rugby union, football, hockey, netball, tennis and cycling.