Marketing BA (Hons); University of Hull
Your key skills across the marketing mix – backed up by a broad business base – will make you highly employable within a range of organisations. You will develop subject knowledge relevant to a range of organisational types within the current international environment.
Your understanding of marketing activities in business-to-business, business-to-customer, and non-profit contexts will be developed through the high levels of consultancy experience available within the teaching group.
The University of Hull evolved from University College Hull, which opened in 1927. A major landmark was reached in 1954 when University College Hull obtained its Royal Charter and thereby its independence as the University of Hull. Though classed as a "redbrick" university, its expansion in recent decades has seen the addition of a variety of building styles from the traditional main buildings, 1960s teaching blocks to modern state-of-the-art structures.
The Law School is the oldest established department within the University of Hull and was founded in October 1927 with an initial intake of 14 students preparing for their professional examinations.
- The Brynmor Jones Library and the Keith Donaldson Library boast over 1,000,000 volumes of books and periodicals.
- There is a collection of over 60,000 maps, subscriptions to 16,000+ electronic journals, several hundred databases and datasets, plus a growing collections of e-books.
- The integrated university facilities are conveniently located on one campus, just 2 miles from the centre of Hull City, making it easy for students from different faculties to interact.
- Located just 200 miles from London and Edinburgh, 100 miles from Manchester and an hour’s drive from Leeds and York.
- 80% of the University’s research was judged to be of international standard in terms of originality, significance and rigour (2008 National Research Assessment Exercise).