LLB (Hons); Oxford Brookes University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
The degree offers a wide range of options within law so that you can emphasise those aspects of legal studies that most interest you while ensuring you have an appreciation of the relationships between substantive law, practice, theory and the insights of other disciplines.
In addition to studying substantive law, you can develop your client counselling and advocacy skills. These practical techniques are developed in a range of modules and are the focus of the Communication Skills for Lawyers module. Additionally, you can take part in mooting competitions.
A law degree at Oxford Brookes will also equip you with essential research skills, highly valued by all employers. These are taught on the innovative Advanced Legal Method module and can be further developed by undertaking independent study on dissertation modules.
Oxford Brookes University is a new university in Oxford, England. It can trace its origins to 1865 when the former Oxford School of Art was established. The university was renamed in 1992 to honour its former principal, John Brookes.
- The School of Law is located in Headington Hill Hall, a handsome nineteenth century building, set in its own beautiful gardens just a five-minute walk from the University’s main Gipsy Lane site and the brand new John Henry Brookes Building.
- Oxford Brookes University is in the top 30 of institutions for the study of undergraduate law in the Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide, with Law courses placed at 16th out of 100 UK university law schools - higher than several Russell Group law schools.
- Law courses provided by Oxford Brookes also are ranked in the top 150-200 bracket of the QS World University Subject Rankings.
- Students who register for the Dissertation module in their 3rd year at Brookes will have access to the world famous Bodleian library.
- Oxford Brookes is ranked top of the University Alliance group by the complete university guide 2015.
- The guide also ranks Brookes highly for student satisfaction and uses data from the People and Planet Green League giving Brookes an equally high score for being ethical and environmentally friendly.
- Brookes provides over 2,500 bike racks on campus along with free Bike Doctor 'health checks' for staff and students.