LLB (Hons); Northumbria University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
Our pioneering degree equips you with highly developed legal knowledge and transferable skills suitable for professional life in law and business.
Our pioneering degree equips you with highly developed legal knowledge and transferable skills suitable for professional life in law and business. You will learn how the law works in practice and how to apply legal information. By studying with us, you will be joining a multi award winning Law School.
Our experienced academics and legally qualified staff adopt a practical approach, bringing the law to life. Interactive lectures and workshops enrich your understanding of legal principles and skills in a realistic context.
In the multi award-winning Student Law Office you represent real clients, ensuring you are equipped to deal with the demands of legal practice. You will graduate with the attributes needed to succeed as a solicitor and with transferable skills, such as critical thinking, team work and written communication skills valued by a range of employers.
Northumbria University has its origins in 3 regional colleges: Rutherford College of Technology, the College of Art & Industrial Design and the Municipal College of Commerce. In 1969, these 3 institutions were amalgamated to form Newcastle Polytechnic.
In 1992, Newcastle Polytechnic was inaugurated as the new Northumbria University as part of the UK-wide process in which polytechnics became new universities. It was originally styled, and its official name still is, the University of Northumbria at Newcastle but the trading name was simplified to Northumbria University in 2002.
- Northumbria Law School is located on a modern state-of-the-art £70,000,000 development in central Newcastle City.
- It is a comprehensive university, offering 30 of Britain's 32 most frequently chosen academic disciplines.
- The University is right on the doorstep of everything, including some of the best shops, bars, parks, galleries, and museums.
- It offers approximately 500 study programmes through 8 schools and attracts 38,000 students from 135 countries.
- More than 30 years experience of teaching the LLB (Hons).
- 1 of only 6 institutions outside of London to provide the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
- Northumbria Law School is a leader in the field of clinical legal education, in which students have the opportunity to develop academically and professionally by having real life experiences.
- The Law School has been awarded the coveted National Training Awards 2010 'Winner of the Year' accolade in the Providing Education and Training category, the only law school to be honoured with this prestigious award.
- Recognised as The Times Best New University 4 times altogether and 3 times in a row.
- 1st university in the UK to offer the LLB (Hons) Law and Environment programme.