LLB (Hons); University of Hertfordshire
Our professional 3-year LLB Programme is one of the most innovative law degrees in the country combining sector-leading teaching methods, substantial skills development and extensive contact time. All of which ensures that when you graduate you will be prepared for your career of choice.
The University of Hertfordshire’s history goes back to 1952 when Hatfield Technical College was built by Hertfordshire County Council on ninety acres of land personally donated by Alan S. Butler, Chairman of the de Havilland Aircraft Company, on condition it be used for further educational purposes.
- Now based on the modern de Havilland Campus, supported by a £10m facility in the state-of-the-art Law Court Building, our LLB Programme complements the new 2-year (accelerated) and 4-year part-time LLB programmes.
- Our statistics speak for themselves with 94% of our 2010 graduates in graduate-level employment or further study.
- Successful completion of our LLB law degree will enable you to apply for the Legal Practice Course or the Bar Professional Training Course. We guarantee progression to our own Legal Practice Course for our students who achieve a 2:2 or better.
- We offer one of the most innovative teaching programmes in the country with high levels of contact time during the week between staff and students.
- Each module has a knowledge-based lecture to explain the law, a skills-based lecture to demonstrate application and a focused 2-hour workshop. These workshops offer a chance to test your own understanding and raise any tricky issues in a supportive study environment. Lectures are available online and can be downloaded to allow you to review key issues again at your leisure.
- Our assessment policy reflects our commitment to your professional skills development. You won't just be taking exams, we'll put you through your paces in a variety of ways from mediation and mooting to drafting and summarising. These are key skills for today's lawyer needs and you'll have a chance to learn them with us.
- This programme satisfies the academic stage of legal training and is fully recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board.
- We are genuinely flexible with our law degree and responsive to the demands of students, offering a variety of ways to study. Additionally, we have entry points in September.
National Student Survey results demonstrate high levels of student satisfaction with our LLB: in each of the last three years we have secured a score of 90% or greater, consistently placing us in the top-quartile of Law Schools in the country.