LLB (Hons); University of East Anglia
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
Law is a subject that captures the imagination. Not a day goes by without a legal issue being discussed in the press. This is because the law is central to the operation of modern society.
It is a system of rules and principles that govern human and institutional relations in all spheres of life, from international affairs to family matters. UEA Law School offers four innovative and academically stimulating law degrees that cover the legal systems of the UK and France, as well as the rest of Europe and the US. As well as being academically rigorous, our courses train students in the skills they will need as lawyers as well as in general “transferable” skills, both of which will be built upon throughout the LLB Law degree with a variety of modules incorporating teaching methods such as problem based learning, small group exercises and class presentations. We offer a wide range of optional modules and students also have an opportunity to hone their skills further through the exciting range of extra-curricular activities offered within the Law School.
Established in 1963 the University of East Anglia has risen rapidly through university rankings to establish itself as a premier UK institution. The University of East Anglia has built a strong reputation for quality education and learning support. They also pride themelves in their consistently strong satisfaction ratings with the university voted number 1 in the UK for student experience by Times Higher Education in 2013.
- Our Law school is renowned for high quality and flexible degrees which are taught in a friendly and supportive environment complimented by the school location in a traditional British Manor House.
- Recently ranked 15th by the Times University Guide for Law we offer a flexible approach to the delivery of our LLB programme and excellent links with the local community through a range of internship opportunities, pro-bono clinics, professional mentors and further outreach work.
- These extra-curricular activities lead to our graduates being highly sought after by employers from a range of sectors, including law firms.
- The University of East Anglia is based in the vibrant city of Norwich which provides a perfect blend of historic architecture with a modernistic entertainment district.
- Just two hours from London by train the city is based in the county of Norfolk which is the safest district in England. The City itself has plenty to offer in the form of museums, restaurants, independent coffee shops, music venues, theatres and cinemas. All of this just five kilometres from our campus.