LLB (Hons); Cardiff University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
The LLB Law programme is both challenging and stimulating and enables you to build the skills required for a career in law and a wide range of professions.
In addition to the foundation modules constituting the academic stage of training that is necessary to become a solicitor or barrister in England and Wales, known as the ‘Qualifying Law Degree’, we offer a wide selection of optional modules which cover traditional and contemporary legal subjects.
Cardiff Law School is committed to providing an outstanding teaching and learning experience that is underpinned by excellent research activity. A well-resourced centre of excellence, we attract students from all over the world and offer a friendly, supportive and culturally diverse environment in which to study.
Founded by the Royal Charter in 1883, Cardiff University is a dynamic and successful centre of higher education with an international reputation for high quality teaching and research. Government assessments of both teaching and research quality rate Cardiff very highly and students have access to state-of-the-art computer systems and over 1.5 million books in the University’s impressive libraries and resource centres.
Cardiff University is a 5-minute walk from the Cardiff city centre. Cardiff as the capital city of Wales is home to many national attractions including the National Museum of Wales and the much admired Millennium Stadium. Cardiff is a student friendly city and is extremely accessible by road, rail and air.
- A member of the elite Russell Group of Universities
- Most of the University’s student residential accommodation is within easy walking distance of lecture theatres, libraries and the student union, saving our students time and money.
- Rent for student residences are among the lowest in the UK, according to a survey by the National Union of Students.
- 7th Best Law School in the UK
- International students make up approximately 17 percent of the total student population.
- With over 28,000 students, the Cardiff University academic community is the size of a small town.
- Research is undertaken in each of the 27 Schools and at any one time there are more than 1,700 research contracts in operation.
- 60% of research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent (2008 Research Assessment Exercise)