Business Law LLB (Hons); Aberystwyth
This LLB Business Law programme is designed to equip you with the formal knowledge required for a successful law career in the twenty-first century whilst also enabling you to gain specialist knowledge in the area of Business Law.
Founded in 1872, this is the oldest Welsh University which overlooks the beautiful shores of Cardigan Bay on the west coast of Wales. After University of Wales ceased to be a federal university in 2007, Aberystwyth University, a founding member became an independent university in its own right.
Aberystwyth University reflects with pride on the heritage of its past and faces the future with confidence.
- Founded in 1901, the Department of Law and Criminology at Aberystwyth bases itself on a long, reputable, and increasingly varied experience of education and academic work.
- Highly graded for research and teaching, Aberystwyth University is approved and recognised by UK Research Councils.
- The Department is located at the Penglais Campus and is walking distance from the National Library of Wales, one of Britain's five legal deposit libraries.
- The Department participates actively in international and European academic networks for purposes of both student mobility and exchanges as well as staff and postgraduate research.
- Offers the best all-round student experience in Wales (6th in the United Kingdom)
- Established Law School (more than 100 years old)
- Aberystwyth has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK.
- A major tourist and cultural destination in Wales, boasting the largest art center in Wales, a variety of water sports and beautiful beaches.
- Noted Malaysian Alumni:
- HRH Tunku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir, the 11th Yang Di Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan.
- Tun Salleh Abas, ex-Lord President of the Federal Court of Malaysia.
- Tan Sri Musa Hassan, ex Inspector-General of the Royal Malaysian Police.
- Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, Minister of Home Affairs in Malaysia