About University of the Sunshine Coast
The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is a public university based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. After opening with 524 students in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College, it was later renamed the University of the Sunshine Coast in 1999.
The university has a flagship campus at Sippy Downs on the Sunshine Coast, with more campuses at Hervey Bay on the Fraser Coast, Gympie, Caboolture, and South Bank in Brisbane. USC also has study hubs in Noosa and North Lakes. In 2020, USC will open a full-service campus at Moreton Bay.
Campus Life living alongside Australian fauna (kangaroos)Undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework and higher degree by research) programs are offered in both faculties (Arts, Business, and Law; Science, Health, Education and Engineering), with study areas divided into seven disciplines: business, IT and tourism; creative industries, design and communication; education; engineering and science; health, nursing and sport sciences; humanities, psychology and social sciences; and law and criminology.
- No matter what kind of future you’re looking for, you can find it at USC. Our programmes offer the choice and flexibility you need to get started on any career goal.
- USC programmes include a strong focus on the core skills you’ll need in the future workplace. No matter what you study, you’ll learn to communicate well, solve problems and think creatively.
- All programmes include hands-on training, practical experience and internships – everything you’ll need for a bright future.
The Sunshine Coast region has a variety of attractions to explore the local natural beauty, unique wildlife and food and culture:
- World Heritage-listed Fraser Island.
- UnderWater World SEA LIFE.
- Australia Zoo.
- The coloured sands at Cooloola National Park.
- Rainforest and waterfalls at Kondalilla National Park and Buderim Forest Park.
- Hiking and rock climbing at Glasshouse Mountains.
- Noosa Everglades.
- Ettamogah Pub.
- Aussie World.
- Big Kart Track.
- Maleny Dairies.
- Big Pineapple.
- The Ginger Factory.
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Design and Communication
- Angela Harrison – EMBA 2018, Bachelor of Business (International Business) 2013. From leaving school at 14 to working in senior levels of business management, Angela’s path to success has been anything but ordinary. With no formal fundraising education, Angela has raised several millions of dollars through a heart and passion for local community.
- Ashleigh Morris – Bachelor of Environmental Health Science 2015. In just a few years since graduating from USC as a Chancellor’s Medallist and the first USC student to receive the Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Undergraduate Award, Ashleigh has been unstoppable in her mission to reduce global waste.