Business Management & Human Resource Management BA (Hons); De Montfort University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
This joint honours degree will provide you with a foundation in fundamental business concepts, ideas, practices and methods, and gives you the opportunity to follow a general business pathway alongside a specialised focus in Human Resource Management (HRM).
The Business Management side of the Joint programme is designed to provide a broad base of business function knowledge and experience so that you are well grounded in basic business concepts, ideas, models and methodologies.
The Human Resource Management side of the Joint programme is designed to take an applied social science approach to the subject, which is to say that our focus is not narrowly prescriptive, nor exclusively managerialist in its assumptions and values.
The university’s origins trace back to the Leicester School of Art, established in 1870 on a voluntary basis. The university has approximately 27,000 full and part time students, 3,240 staff coming from over 100 different countries. DMU is a single site campus, making it easy to get between lectures and the library. It is only a five minute walk from the Leicester city centre. The university has invested almost £200 million in recent years to provide state-of-the-art facilities for its students.
DMU is situated in the centre of Leicester, which is the tenth largest city in Britain. Just over an hour way from London by train and situated in the heart of the UK. It is a fantastic place to eat, drink, watch and play. The city is also a nationwide example of multiculturalism and a vibrant place to study.
- Business and Management subjects are ranked 4th in the UK according to the Times Good University Guide league table for student satisfaction (2011). Marketing programmes were ranked 1st in England (National Student Survey, 2011) and our Human Resource Management programmes were 1st in the UK (National Student Survey, 2010).
- Brand new £35 million faculty building which provides state-of-the-art lecture theatres and classrooms, as well as computing facilities.
- The Business School has been granted professional recognition and accreditation from many leading professional body organisations such as ACCA, CIPD, CIM and CMI. These are a recognition of the quality of teaching that the School offers and also provides added-value benefits to our students.
- Leicester Business School is a truly international School with over 60 nationalities represented within the student body.
- Leicester Business School is one of the larger providers of business and management education in the UK. It comprises more than 4000 students and 150 academic staff, making it one of the larger providers of business and management education in the UK.
Notable alumni include