Business & Management BA (Hons); University of Hull
This programme will prepare you for the challenge of staying up-to-date with our unpredictable, fast-paced business world. You'll understand how an unpredictable economic climate, new employment law or increased competition will impact your future business, whatever its size or type.
Through this programme, you'll develop into a confident and competitive business professional who can take on any role – even as an entrepreneur in your own business. You'll understand and embrace real management techniques and develop transferable skills to enhance your employability.
You will study a wide range of business functions and gain experience of a variety of areas across an organisation. As you progress through your degree, you will increasingly appreciate the impact of the outside world and learn how policies and strategies are developed by gathering and examining information from a wide range of sources.
The University of Hull evolved from University College Hull, which opened in 1927. A major landmark was reached in 1954 when University College Hull obtained its Royal Charter and thereby its independence as the University of Hull. Though classed as a "redbrick" university, its expansion in recent decades has seen the addition of a variety of building styles from the traditional main buildings, 1960s teaching blocks to modern state-of-the-art structures.
The Law School is the oldest established department within the University of Hull and was founded in October 1927 with an initial intake of 14 students preparing for their professional examinations.
- The Brynmor Jones Library and the Keith Donaldson Library boast over 1,000,000 volumes of books and periodicals.
- There is a collection of over 60,000 maps, subscriptions to 16,000+ electronic journals, several hundred databases and datasets, plus a growing collections of e-books.
- The integrated university facilities are conveniently located on one campus, just 2 miles from the centre of Hull City, making it easy for students from different faculties to interact.
- Located just 200 miles from London and Edinburgh, 100 miles from Manchester and an hour’s drive from Leeds and York.
- 80% of the University’s research was judged to be of international standard in terms of originality, significance and rigour (2008 National Research Assessment Exercise).
- The National Student Survey (NSS) consistently ranks the University in the top 10 mainstream English Universities.
- Hull University Union is one of the most active student unions in the country, with over 150 active societies - Asylum, its own £3.5 million nightclub, was named 'Student Nightclub of the Year' in 2003 by the British Entertainment and Dance Association.
- The 2010 International Student Barometer that tracks international students’ opinions of education abroad - showed that 88% of students satisfied or very satisfied with their experience at University of Hull.