Business Management BA (Hons); Pembrokeshire College
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
This course aims to enhance career potential and employability in the areas of business and management by developing a critical awareness and appreciation of contemporary business issues.
This course aims to build on the knowledge and skills acquired by students on an HND or equivalent course. The course is franchised from the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David. Students may study full time for one year, by taking all of the following five modules. Alternatively, it is possible to study part time for two years by taking three modules per year.
Pembrokeshire College is situated in Wales, one hour from Swansea and an hour and a half from Cardiff. The college delivers higher education courses validated by its partner university, Trinity St David (University of Wales). Offering degree courses since 1992, the College has entered into a strategic alliance with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea Metropolitan University, Coleg Sir Gar and Coleg Ceredigion. The result is a dual sector university based on a dynamic new vision for the delivery of higher education within the region, endorsed by the Welsh Assembly Government.
- The college is housed in a modern campus on a green field site on the edge of the county town of Haverfordwest in a beautiful coastal location close to a national park. It is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Haverfordwest, the county town, is small, friendly and has a low cost of living.
- International students, especially those on a Top-Up programme, find the town calm, relaxing and very helpful for intensive study.
- The Business Management programme has been delivered by the college for 20 years. Key features are small class size (average of 20), experienced and supportive teachers and friendly atmosphere.
- The low cost of course fees (£5500) for 2014 is also attractive for some students. Most students on the programme are from the locality but there are also some from Malaysia and other countries.
- International students are very successful at progressing to UK masters courses or employment in the UK and overseas.