Business & Management BA (Hons); De Montfort University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
A career focused and practical course, the Business and Management BA (Hons) allows you to study a range of subjects from different disciplines with the Business School.
The BA (Hons) Business and Management Programme provides students with inputs from many developments and disciplines within the business context. These disciplines and philosophies have been combined together within the degrees to provide students with a broad and coherent programme that provides an advanced general education for business.
While providing students with a background in all areas of business, the programme contains enough flexibility to allow students the opportunity to specialise in certain areas. In the final year students are able to study in depth one particular discipline.
The programme not only leads to a degree qualification in its own right, but also lays the foundation for those wishing to obtain advanced professional qualifications. Successful completion of certain diets of modules on the programme can lead to exemptions from modules on professional qualifications run by many of the major professional bodies such as the Institute of Marketing; Chartered Institute of Management Accounts; and the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants.
The programme is also recognised and supported by other professional bodies such as the Institute of Personnel and Development and the Chartered Institute of Management.
The university’s origins trace back to the Leicester School of Art, established in 1870 on a voluntary basis. The university has approximately 27,000 full and part time students, 3,240 staff coming from over 100 different countries. DMU is a single site campus, making it easy to get between lectures and the library. It is only a five minute walk from the Leicester city centre. The university has invested almost £200 million in recent years to provide state-of-the-art facilities for its students.
DMU is situated in the centre of Leicester, which is the tenth largest city in Britain. Just over an hour way from London by train and situated in the heart of the UK. It is a fantastic place to eat, drink, watch and play. The city is also a nationwide example of multiculturalism and a vibrant place to study.
- Business and Management subjects are ranked 4th in the UK according to the Times Good University Guide league table for student satisfaction (2011). Marketing programmes were ranked 1st in England (National Student Survey, 2011) and our Human Resource Management programmes were 1st in the UK (National Student Survey, 2010).
- Brand new £35 million faculty building which provides state-of-the-art lecture theatres and classrooms, as well as computing facilities.
- The Business School has been granted professional recognition and accreditation from many leading professional body organisations such as ACCA, CIPD, CIM and CMI. These are a recognition of the quality of teaching that the School offers and also provides added-value benefits to our students.
- Leicester Business School is a truly international School with over 60 nationalities represented within the student body.
- Leicester Business School is one of the larger providers of business and management education in the UK. It comprises more than 4000 students and 150 academic staff, making it one of the larger providers of business and management education in the UK.
Notable alumni include: