Business Administration BA (Hons); Birmingham City University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
By giving you the chance to follow your own personalised study timetable, and ensuring that you receive a high level of individual study support, this top-up course allows you to deepen your knowledge of the areas of business most appropriate for your future aims.
What's covered in the course?
You will study eight modules of your choice, with a range of innovative assessment styles including business reports, academic papers, case studies, individual and group presentations, portfolios and projects, as well as conventional examinations.
Birmingham City University is one of the largest universities in the UK with around 23, 500 students from 80 different countries with an established track record dating back to 1843, a history of 160 years of experience in the Education industry. It is situated in Birmingham, Britain’s second largest city. Birmingham City University offers hundreds of courses at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate and research level.
As a student at Birmingham City University, you start on your career path the minute you join the University. A combination of industry-standard facilities and lecturers with real-life experience means that BCU graduates are among the most employable around. An approach has been taken to emphasis on employability skills as a key element of the curriculum, and employability and employer engagement are seen as essential factors in the validation or revalidation of every course.
- A degree from Birmingham City University is a passport to a successful future. From the £180 million investment in its facilities to their great links with leading employers, Birmingham City University provides the students with skills they need to succeed.
- It works – 85% of 2010/2011 graduates found work or continued studying within 6 months of their graduation with many now forging successful careers in their chosen industry while others have set up their own businesses.
- The Sunday Times University Guide 2013 ranked us 27th of 124 universities for the most students in graduate level jobs.
- We put more than £270 million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the city and surrounding area (source: Ecotec).
- Teaching excellence especially in creative and professional practice-and ground breaking industry collaborations are renowned, with almost 40 professional accreditations for the courses at the last count.
- Strong industry and professional partnerships with firms including Apple, Cartier, Cisco and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe ensure that you will leave with the skills and knowledge employers value most.
- Birmingham City University’s world-leading research – judged as ‘world class’ and in some areas ‘world leading’ in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise audit – ensures the latest insights are incorporated into its teaching.
- Students are at the heart of everything the University does – Birmingham City University’s award winning Student Academic Partners scheme teams up staff and students to find ways to make their teaching even better.
- Birmingham City University has been constantly investing – new student accommodation, an £8.5 million sports centre at the City North Campus and currently under way on a new £61 million extension to its City Centre Campus, opening in 2013, with a second phase to follow in 2015. The University was placed in the top 10 universities for spending on facilities (Complete University Guide 2013).