Accounting BSc (Hons); University of Hull
Our accredited Accounting course gives you an invaluable head start on your rise up the career ladder, with maximum exemptions from the exams of the main UK professional accountancy bodies.
Alongside this, the programme covers strategy, information, finance and accounting, operations and marketing to ensure that students have a general foundation in the business disciplines as well as the HRM specialism. The programme reflects the growth of the HR profession and the increased focus on people management in many organisations in both the public and private sectors.
The University of Hull evolved from University College Hull, which opened in 1927. A major landmark was reached in 1954 when University College Hull obtained its Royal Charter and thereby its independence as the University of Hull. Though classed as a "redbrick" university, its expansion in recent decades has seen the addition of a variety of building styles from the traditional main buildings, 1960s teaching blocks to modern state-of-the-art structures.
The Law School is the oldest established department within the University of Hull and was founded in October 1927 with an initial intake of 14 students preparing for their professional examinations.
- The Brynmor Jones Library and the Keith Donaldson Library boast over 1,000,000 volumes of books and periodicals.
- There is a collection of over 60,000 maps, subscriptions to 16,000+ electronic journals, several hundred databases and datasets, plus a growing collections of e-books.
- The integrated university facilities are conveniently located on one campus, just 2 miles from the centre of Hull City, making it easy for students from different faculties to interact.
- Located just 200 miles from London and Edinburgh, 100 miles from Manchester and an hour’s drive from Leeds and York.
- 80% of the University’s research was judged to be of international standard in terms of originality, significance and rigour (2008 National Research Assessment Exercise).