Business with Financial Management BA (Hons); Northumbria University
via UK Transfer Degree Programme (Business)
Our successful 'Business with ...' programme is for people who are looking for an introduction to the world of business whilst being allowed an opportunity to combine key business subjects with the study of a specialism pathway, in this case Finance.
This course offers ultimate flexibility for students eager to enter the world of business.Financial management is key to the success or failure of large and small businesses. Understanding financial management is therefore critical to achieving sustainable growth and constitutes the specialist component of this course.
This course will provide you with an insight into financial services and contemporary market developments, as well as equipping you with the general business theory and analytical skills required to succeed. With 87% of students in work or further study after six months of graduating, this is a highly relevant course with strong employability potential (Unistats).
Northumbria University has its origins in 3 regional colleges: Rutherford College of Technology, the College of Art & Industrial Design and the Municipal College of Commerce. In 1969, these three institutions were amalgamated to form Newcastle Polytechnic.
In 1992, Newcastle Polytechnic was inaugurated as the new Northumbria University as part of the UK-wide process in which polytechnics became new universities. It was originally styled, and its official name still is, the University of Northumbria at Newcastle but the trading name was simplified to Northumbria University in 2002.
- Northumbria University, in Newcastle upon Tyne, is an expanding multicultural learning community, with excellent links with further and higher education, industry and commerce throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Renowned for the excellence of its teaching, as well as for preparing students for the world of work, Northumbria also provides research opportunities for professional reflective practice.
- Newcastle Business School develops and educates business managers and leaders to reach their potential and make positive contributions to organisations. Newcastle Business School is an international business school at the heart of North East England.
- The school is accredited by all of the key Professional Bodies and has 18 undergraduate programmes accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EPAS) and operates a highly successful business model. The school is also pursuing final stages of the AACSB accreditation.
- University of Northumbria is part of the University Alliance and the Newcastle Business School is ranked 11th for Graduate Level Employability in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2013.
- The University is right on the doorstep of everything, including some of the best shops, bars, parks, galleries, and museums.
- The student body at Newcastle Business School represents over 100 Nationalities which ranks us 4th for UG and 7th for Postgraduate Taught recruitment of UK full time international business students.
- There is an internationally focused environment at Newcastle Business School - 21% of faculty and 30% of students studying in Newcastle are international. We have a diverse student population of 3,700 students on-campus, a further 1,300 studying at partner institutions overseas and an academic and professional support staff of 200.