BAC’s double UOL First Class law graduates create history!
BAC students continue to excel at the University of London (UOL) International Programmes (Law) examinations as Lau Foong Yee and Firdous Majid were both awarded First Class LLB (Hons) degrees in the May 2016 examinations. Their exceptional results make BAC the only institution in Malaysia to produce two First Class University of London LLB (Hons) graduates in the same year.
Lau Foong Yee who also pursued her A-Levels at BAC was awarded the Cambridge Outstanding Learner Awards for Top Student in the World for AS-Level and A-Level Business Studies in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Foong Yee said that BAC really helped her improve her social and communication skills as she was an introvert who found it difficult to get out of her comfort zone and attributes her success to loving what she does. She also said, “It is interest that moves you forward, that gives you the extra strength to really push through. You really need to be dedicated, focussed, keep reading, keep asking questions and keep researching.” She paid tribute to all her lecturers who had guided her over the years as, "they really made a significant difference, I would not have scored so well in certain subjects if not for the effort and dedication they put in." Passionate about public interest litigation and defending the rights of the disadvantaged, Foong Yee is now looking forward to starting the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) at BAC this September.
Firdous, a degree holder, enrolled to pursue the University of London degree via the graduate entry route and completed her degree in just 2 years. “Her achievement in getting a First Class is simply amazing!” said Daniel Abishegam, the University Of London Programme Director at BAC. Daniel recalls speaking to Firdous after her first year results and advising her to do the degree over 3 years to improve her chances of securing a First Class. However, Firdous was adamant on completing it as soon as possible as it was her second degree. Firdous was grateful to her lecturers and said, “My lecturers gave me their phone numbers and were available at all times to help me.” Firdous opined that, “You don’t need special skills to be good at law, just an immense passionate curiosity.” Firdous will be heading to England to pursue the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) in September. She aspires to help the oppressed and disadvantaged.
This has been another fantastic year for BAC students who have topped every level of every examination on a national and global scale. Student achievements include:
Joshua Lai Wah Ern and Goo Yee San who were awarded the 2015 Cambridge Outstanding Learner Awards for Top in the World for AS Law and A-Level Law respectively
- Leow Ho Eng who received the Malaysian Law Scholarship to King’s College for the highest score in the University of London Intermediate (Year 1) May 2016 examinations
- The unprecedented 2 First Class University of London Law degrees awarded in the same year to a Malaysian institution
- 31 First Class degrees in the May 2016 examinations from BAC UK Transfer Degree students from the University of Reading (8 First Class degrees), Cardiff University (5 First Class degrees), University of Liverpool (11 First Class degrees), Queens University Belfast (2 First Class degrees) , Northumbria University (2 First Class degrees), and University of Hertfordshire (3 First Class degrees)
- Yip Yi Wen, John Ling Chee Ern, Shubashini Munnisamy and Leanne Lau Yeu Ling who were top students for the CLP examination for the 11th year in a row and also recipients of 4 book prizes in the 2015 examination.
- Harpejan Kaur who was awarded a First Class Degree for the Northumbria Open Learning Programme
Aria Singham, BAC Chief Operations Officer said that, “2016 has been an unbelievable year for BAC as our students continue to break records and raise the bar. We would like to thank our students and staff for all they have done to ensure that BAC continues to be the Nation’s No.1 Law School and we look forward to more success stories.”
Registration for the UOL and UKT September intakes are now open. Sign up now as seats are limited. For more information about BAC's law programmes, the MasterClass Series and the Professional Plus Series, please call 03-2274 4165 or 03-7960 0063.
You can also contact BAC counsellors via the BAC Favcebook page (/BrickfieldsAsiaCollege.BAC) or Twitter (@BACCollege).